Fonts can be installed in several folders in OS X, but we recommend that you do the following:
- Close any open applications. Newly installed fonts may not appear in your menu if you ignore this step.
- Drag and drop the unzipped fonts into the Fonts folder in your user’s Library folder found here:
- Note: As of OS Lion, the library folder is hidden from users unless you hold down the Alt/Option key while clicking on the “Go” menu in Finder.
Optional for Mac OS X 10.3 or higher:
- Double click the font file and fontbook will open a preview of the font.
- Click “install font” at the bottom of the preview.