Designed by Missy Meyer, Barn Dance is a hand display and kids font family. This typeface has two styles and was published by Missy Meyer.
I’ll admit right off the bat here—I’ve never been to a barn dance. I don’t even know if they still do barn dances, or if that’s something out of the musical Oklahoma! or something. But this font gave me kind of a homey, rustic feel, so the name felt right!
Like many of my fonts, this one has been refined with crafters in mind—smoothed curves and reduced nodes, for easy cutting and printing. It’s also packed with over 600 characters total! The usual alphabet, numbers, and punctuation, plus 30 double-letter ligatures, over 300 diacritics, and a full second alphabet coded in as Stylistic Alternates.
(And I’ve also broken the alternates alphabet out into its own font file, with over 300 of its own diacritics. Both font files can stand on their own for your projects!)
Barn Dance includes:
- 30 double-letter ligatures in the regular Barn Dance font file
- Uppercase and lowercase alternates coded as Stylistic Alternates in the regular Barn Dance font file, and included as their own file as well
- Over 300 diacritics for both alphabets in the separate files
- A few extra fun characters (arrows, heart, smiley face)
- Everything PUA-encoded for easy access in all programs